Sunday, May 26, 2013

Special...

Hi there!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!

I wanted to share something special about me today.  Well not really "something" special, someone special. This person is my very best friend, my mom.

 My mom is the one person that I can talk to for hours and not realize it, (and since we have a family business, seeing each other everyday, its not hard to!) We talk about everything, and I mean everything! From children, to husbands, fashion, money, work, our family, the weather, the news, food (love), exercise or lack of! , everything! (we have actually covered every single subject mentioned above in about 30 minutes!)

I don't know when we became so close. I know it wasn't during my school years, I believed that you should keep things and thoughts from your mother because she "wouldn't understand".  I wrongfully believed that my mother had never been young or made mistakes! Once I let her in, I realized that I had missed out on a lot of very special moments and passup some very useful advice. 

Even when I married at the ripe age of 17 (like I said, I passed up some good advice) I never thought that my mother would understand the things I was going through or needed help with in my to-young-to-be a bride- wife mind.(She married at 15, apprently she missed something too!) She would have been the perfect person to go to on tips on how to live with a person you barely know but know you love. How to think like a new wife not just a new high school graduate.

Eventually, somewhere between concieving and recieving my first son, I finally found her! There she was, my mommy, my sweet, always smiling, wise, experienced, mommy! The perfect person to explain to me why I craved dirt! (don't judge, i was pregnant!) I tossed the new mommy guidebook, (yeah, you know which one!) and just absorbed everything this short person was saying! I felt so happy and curious! What else did she know about?! Could she tell me how to get that bad smell out of all of my towels??  How to cook something without hubby claiming that it looks delicious but has really been craving a chicken sandwich and fries all day??  What exactly should me and my husband talk about that won't lead to an arguement?? After shyly asked, she didn't stop,...ever.

To this day, 10 years of marriage and two beautiful boys later, she still answers all of my questions, all of my calls, and every single text message. We know the "Good morning, I'm glad to see you" kiss, the "lets change the subject, someone's coming" and  "I need to tell you something before I burst!" looks, the "this is the funniest thing ever" giggle, and the "I need you here right now" hug.

Together we have been through very special, fun, bad, sad, and flat out impossible moments. This little person (she is 4ft 9in of cuteness!) knows me in and out, (literally, she helped me give birth while hubby was paralyzed in the corner ((was that too much info?)) and I am very blessed to have her. 

I hope that if you have someone special in your life you tell them that today. If that person is there and you still haven't "found" them yet, I hope you do soon.  From the bottom of my heart to you, new friend, I hope you do.

Who is your special person?

Take care.
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment